The school conducts various seminars, exhibitions and counselling sessions for students in order to develop them mentally and mould them into great individuals. The photos related to various development activities can be viewed in the School Gallery on the web site.
The following activites are conducted during the current academic year 2018-19 :
—> It was decided to continue the mission statement initiated in our School last year “The school will inculcate reading habit in students and develop in them a love for nature and help them to make their school and home environment green and clean in the coming three years” and in connection with this, the students have been allotted reading time of 10 mins every morning to read The Student Edition of Times of India and The Hindu newspapers
—> Staff meetings and Subject committee meetings are held every month.
—> Renewal cum Change-over audit for IS/ISO 9001:2015 Certification was held on June 21 and 22 by Mr . T. Rangaswamy, Team Leader and Mr P. Mohan, Auditor and Expert from BIS.
—> Periodic test 1 for Term 1 was conducted for classes I to VIII from June 18.
—> Periodic test 2 for Term 1 was conducted for classes I to VIII from July 23.
—> Pre Mid Term exam was conducted for classes IX and X from July 23.
—> First Mid Term exam was conducted for classes XI and XII from July 23.
—> First Open House was conducted on July 28.
—> Periodic test 3 for Term 1 was conducted for classes I to VIII from August 12.
—> Term 1 exam was conducted for classes XI to XII from September 17. Also the Mid term exam for classes IX and X and the half yearly exam for classes I to VIII started from the same day
- —> Two meetings of the school Protection Group was conducted to promote safety and security of Children. It was headed by the CI of Info park police station. Ward Members, Representatives of parents, Head Mistress, Teachers, School Drivers, Students and Ayahs were present
- —> As a part of Environment protection, Mar Thoma School was awarded the green certificate- “ Environment Benefit Statement “ for recycling 449.5Kgs of Paper and Plan @ Earth conducted workshop on making Cloth bags for the senior children
- —> Medical Checkup for Classes I to XI Iwas conducted by Sree Sudheendra Medical Mission.
- —> As part of SEWA project students of Classes IX to XII were taught to make paper pens, paper bags and soaps.
- —> As per the Directive of District Collector and Health Department, Deworming tablets weregiven to students of Classes I to XII.
- —> “Manorama Vayanakalari” was inaugurated on 8th October by our Manager Sam K.Easow.
- —> As part of HPE mass drill activity for Class IX to XII was conducted
- —> A team of students forming the student traffic police was formed to take care of the traffic on the school campus in the morning.
- —> Football coaching is conducted after school hours for three days in a week.
- —> As part of SEWA project Class X students were taken to Buds School which caters to the differently abled children.
SEMINAR & STUDY CAMPS
- —>Scholastic book fair was conducted in theLibrary from 4th October to 6th October
- —>Class XII Psychology students visited “Vigyan Valley” for the mentally challenged as part of their case study.
- —>An orientation session for Class VIII to XII was conducted by Dr. Paulose
- —>Career Guidance on Civil Service Examination was conducted by Chanakya Academy for the Secondary and Senior Secondary Classes.
- —>A talk on Human Rights was given by Adv.Sasi Kumar for the children of Class IX to XII.
- —>CSSM conducted value based session for all the children through moral stories and songs
- —>A talk on “Ethics and Integrity during exams” was conducted for Class XII by Mrs. Vanaja Harikumar,senior Vice Principal of our school.
- —>A talk on ‘How to deal with the Challenges during Adolescence” for children of Class VI and VII was conducted by Times of India.
- —>As per the directive from CBSE, Evacuation drill at the time of Natural Disaster was planned and practiced and an awareness programme on Disaster Management for the students of Class VIII and IX was held in the second week of January by Malayala Manorama.
- As a part of the Curriculum for the holistic development of children, picnics were organized for lower classes and tours for the higher classes.
|Classes I- VI||17/10/2018||Wonderla|
|Classes VII & VIII||17/10/2018||Ootty|
|Classes IX – XII||17/10/2018||Goa|
|Staff||9/2/2019||Paniyeli Poru and Kodanad|
- —>Our School was a relief camp for the flood victims for a week catering to 400 people. The students and staff of Mar thoma Public school donated
- —>Rs. 75,000/- to the Chief Ministers Relief Fund,
- —>Rs. 20,000/- to CSSM,
- —>Rs. 5000/- to the Blind (White Cane Day ),
- —>Rs.10,000/- to the Victims of Child Abuse,
- —>Rs.5000/-for Communal Harmony,
- —>Rs.7000/- for the Armed Forces and
- —>Rs. 20800/- for Flood Relief Camp Activities.